Job Description – Paralegal/Migration Processing Officer
Paralegal/Migration Processing Officer
$45,000 – $65,000 Gross
About the Business
ProActive Legal is an Australian law firm best known for its work in immigration law. Our highly specialised Migration Lawyers and Migration Advisors (RMA) together have over 37 years of experience. The principal lawyer is an accredited specialist in immigration law. All practitioners of the firm speak fluently in Chinese or Vietnamese.
Our team in Sydney and Melbourne handles the full spectrum of Australian visas and citizenship matters, simple or complex and anything in between. We represent in visa and citizenship applications, defending visa cancellations and business sponsorship sanctions, reviews and appeals in tribunals and courts, as well as appealing to the Minister for Immigration or other government agencies.
To assist lawyer/register migration agent (RMA) (“practitioners”) with visa applications and legal support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with greeting clients attending the firm and answering telephoning calls.
- Assist with obtaining initial information of potential client enquiry.
- Assist with preparing applications for visa, merits review and judicial review.
- Monitor and maintain detailed case list including entering and updating notation, bringing attention to the responsible practitioners of matters approaching deadline.
- To create and maintain client files and documents when required.
- Assist practitioners with file management tasks including client engagement and matter invoicing.
- Undertake legal research, drafting legal correspondence and submissions relating to migration law.
- Use legal practice management software for case management and time-recording.
- Assist with firm marketing initiatives including routine contributions to news articles and case notes.
- Assist with ad hoc administrative tasks when required.
- To act confidently and to present oneself and all work done for the firm professionally and at an appropriate level.
- To work within existing parameters and, where appropriate or necessary, to implement alternative parameters to achieve a particular result on time.
- To provide effective, timely and confidential liaison on behalf of the firm with clients and other external stakeholders of the firm.
- To maintain knowledge of the business of the firm and the firm’s external stakeholders to foster and maintain positive and productive relationships.
- To develop a working environment conducive to harmonious and cooperative relationships.
- To work cooperatively and collaboratively with other members of the firm.
- To act honestly and reliably and to demonstrate a willingness to take directions.
- Permanent Resident or Citizen.
- Proficient English speaker and writer.
- Chinese or Vietnamese speaking and writing skills are not essential but will be considered favourably.
- Customer-service orientated with excellent communication skills.
- Having the ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Migration Study/Registration is not essential but will be considered favourably.
- Relevant work experience is not essential but will be considered favourably.
We encourage recent Law Graduates, students in their final year of Law and RMAs to apply.
To apply for this job please visit grabjobs.co.